Breakpoint Failed to Bind - Visual Studio 2017

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 → 1 min read

Today I ran into an issue where I was trying to debug an application and I was getting a "Breakpoint failed to bind" error on Visual Studio 2017. I was trying to attach to the process when I got the error. I was already running in administrator mode, so it wasn't a permissions issue.

Solution

Turns out I had the solution configuration set to "Release" right from the start. The fix then was to set the solution configuration to "Debug" and then rebuild the solution. After that, I was able to attach to the process with no errors whatsoever.

Reference:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31732944/breakpoint-failed-to-bind-visual-studio-2015

comments powered by Disqus